The SFC Young Scientist Award is given annually to outstanding Master's or Bachelor's theses and rewards them with CHF 2,000 (Master's) or CHF 1,000 (Bachelor's). The award also includes three years' free membership of the SFC.
The theses must be in the SFC's field of expertise and must have been carried out at a Swiss university. They must not be older than two years at the time of the application deadline.
The application deadline for the SFC Young Scientist Award is April 30, 2024.
The application should be sent to and should include the following:
- Mail with a short justification and the most important details of the work (topic, when, where, with whom, ...).
- CV of the applicant
- Letter of support from the responsible person at the university
- Summary of the Master's or Bachelor's thesis
- Entire Master's or Bachelor's thesis
- Correspondence takes place exclusively by e-mail. The theses will be evaluated by a committee of the SFC Board of Directors according to originality and innovation, quality and scope as well as presentation and overall impression. There is no right of appeal.
The two awards will be presented at an SFC event where the recipients are expected to present their work in a short paper. Until the announcement of which work will receive an award, it will be treated confidentially.