The SFC promotes
- the understanding of chemical relationships of food and commodities as a contribution to integral consumer protection;
- the knowledge of methods and techniques of chemical analysis of food and commodities;
- the exchange among members as well as with related organisations and other interested parties;
- the technical cooperation and exchange of knowledge between scientific institutions, authorities with enforcement tasks and industry.
The SFC aims to achieve the above-mentioned objectives through
- organising symposia, workshops, excursions, etc. and publishing scientific papers;
- maintaining a website;
- arousing the interest of students in the field;
- informing interested lay people.
The SFC is a member of the Swiss Academy of Sciences (SCNAT) and a collective member of the Analytical Chemistry Division of the Swiss Chemical Society (SCS).